Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Save a Quilt

I had this old quilt that was my baby quilt.  My grandmother had pieced together the blocks then my mother put the entire quilt together for me.  As you can see it was pretty ragged.  The large blue paint stains are courtesy of Ken who must have used it as a paint backdrop.  I decided to try and save my baby quilt and get some practice with my Husqvarna Viking sewing machine and my new Brother Embroidery machine.  I had to applique lots of little fabric hearts over area with bad stains and I tried to stick to the color scheme for the blocks in the ear nearby.  The finished quilt has lots of mistakes but sure does look better don't you think.









This is the front refinished.










1 comment:

  1. Have you shown your mom? I love it, especially having seen it before you started. Good idea to insert the orange material as a border trim, and it's great that you used your embroidery machine to date the reconstruction. You are the Queen of Follow-through!

    ReplyDelete